Girls Camp

Okay so yesterday I went to this camp that my church does for the young women of our stake. The awesome party was that we all played games and sang songs until the other girls showed up. (When we showed up the girls were doing D.E.A.R which stands for drop everything and read )  Here are some of the games we played first we played Follow the Leader  then after that we played Poison Frog. It was so much fun! After we played the games we sang a couple of songs. Then one of the leaders went up and spoke about the young women virtues and how to use them in every day life.  Then we went on a short hike to a place and learned stuff like we learned about first aid  and they told us the story about the good samertian. There were some girls that pretended to be sick and we had to do first aid on them. Then on our next group we did tug of war and my team won but it was only because we were going downhill and they were going up hill. Next we  did a faith exercise I was blindfolded and  my partner /friend  Katrina or K . T. told me where to go. Third we did an egg race where we got a plastic spoon in our mouth and then put a plastic egg on the other end and tried to put it in the bucket without dropping it on the ground. Then for our next activity we threw water balloons at our old partners and told each other compliments until it dropped and broke. (Ours was dropped like 4 or 5 times and it never even busted until I threw it on our last time then it busted it was so funny.)  OK then for our next activity we played 2 truths and a lie. Here are mine  let's see if you can guess the lie I have 4 brothers, I hate books, and I am in band . It was that I hate books. OK next we had to eat Jello out of a straw it was so funny because we  all kept making really weird noises and we all laughed really hard after that. Last (but certainly not least) we did a knowledge game. So here is how we played it we all came up with really cool nicknames and then we had repeat everyone else's and ours. And last we had a powder fight that is were you take the baking powder or soda( I can't remember but oh well ) and put it in like ketchup and mustard bottles and then just squirting it everywhere. I was covered in it and my dad was feeling out when he saw what I did but luckily I had brought an extra change of clothes. When we were finished we made a chain of beads for each activity and each activity was for each of the young women values which are:
Faith, Divine Nature , Idividual Worth, Knowledge,  Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. With those beads we made a chain here is a pic of it I hope you liked hearing about my adventure at Girl's Camp and I hope that you will read again next time on Adventures of Goldie Through Time.

Comments

  1. I lost my pin I lost my pin. Does anyone have one of those pin trackers. Oh well to bad they haven't been invented

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SUMMER!

Pound It!

Summer